Before I started creating the cover, Saira and I had a lot of discussions. When we both talked about our idea for the cover, we described the same thing! Now, I had to put it on paper. This is all I had at first. So we decided to try a creative activity to get my cover going.
We used loose construction paper, scissors with different cutting edges, and glue. This gave me a way to add in color without having to erase it on my design if I didn't like it. I added a dresser. Obviously this isn't the final project but it lead me to the following beauty!
What I learned: Don't be scared to recreate your creations. You could end up with a better project at the end. This process should feel playful. I felt excited to see my final attempt. It was much more creative than what I expected. I really think that the activity Saira suggested helped. Not done yet! More steps still to come...
Introducing ... our amazing new intern, Cheyanne Dodge!